Senior Buyer (General Services)
Location : Poznan, Warsaw, Janaszówek, Sochaczew
This role manages buying operations activities as well as completing sourcing activities in car fleet and other general services categories across the region in order to create a lean end-to-end support.
The role is based in Poland and cover Polish requirments but in addition the scope covers requirements from Multisales markets.
The role may from time to time include projects that extend into other markets and will cover all Mars segments (such as Mars Wrigley, Pet Nutrition, Food, Drinks).
The role works closely with the sourcing managers and is responsible for the efficient and effective execution of sourcing strategy activities in the region.
This role is responsible for identifying and delivering value chain optimization opportunities and ensures that the team acts as the first line of escalation on issues between suppliers and the business, operating the supplier relationship management process with suppliers.
The role reports to Strat Ops Buying Manager.
What would be your key responsibilities?
1. Purchase indirect goods & services by securing price, capacity & service levels in line with commitments to the business and as per the sourcing strategies by applying a wide range of sourcing tools (e.
g. negotiation, e-procurement,strategic collaboration, etc.)
2. Implement supply base strategy. Assess and develop suppliers in order to meet business needs and opportunities.
3. Ensure effective risk management of the supply base, through robust contracts and monitoring of financial and other KPIs.
Implement corrective actions as appropriate. Manage all related commercial, financial & ethical aspects of projects
4. Establish & maintain relationships with key stakeholders including Finance, department managers, and their teams to ensure understanding of their needs and to facilitate the appropriate level of challenge.
5. Work with internal clients
6. Comply with policies, systems & controls
7. Provide market and financial insights and inputs to the internal sourcing process
8. Participate in team knowledge transfer
9. Provide input to and execute Global & Regional MSSM. Implementing locally the global & local MSSM and other major work streams
10. Participate in external forums and associations
11. Regularly maintain & update relevant KPIs (related to in scope investments e.g. savings, payment terms etc)
12. Acts as the liaison between the sites and the sourcing managers to communicate changing business needs (e.g. specification, volume changes, etc.)
13. Carries out supplier performance reviews on a regular basis for the relevant categories
14. Develops & implements a continuous improvement action plan. Monitors changes and adjusts the plan as needed to sustain performance results
15. Identifies and manages supplier collaboration initiatives (e.g. supplier owned inventory, forecast management, electronic invoicing, operational process streamlining, etc.)
16. Work in collaboration with other European buying operation managers
17. Influences clients to align with global & regional buying strategy
What are we looking for?
1. Bachelor / Master degree
2. Fluent in English, other languages would be a benefit.
3. 5 years of professional experience, ideally with supplier / customer management experience & financial acumen
What can you expect from Mars?