WHO ARE WE?
Mercedes-Benz Finance Co.,LTD (MBF) is one of the Daimler companies in Japan; Mercedes-Benz Japan Co., Ltd, Mitsubishi Fuso Truck and Bus Corporation, Mercedes-
Benz Finance Co., Ltd and Daimler Insurance Services Japan. MBF is the sole finance company of the Daimler brand. MBF offers finance plans that are customized for each Daimler customer through the combination of leases, installment sale, maintenance lease and insurance products.
Oversee and assist the local management in assuming and executing its responsibility to ensure the implementation and maintenance of an effective compliance program at the unit level in accordance with corporate compliance program requirements and local laws and regulations;
for the job holder, this includes ensuring :
Raising Compliance awareness at the unit level;
Obtaining support and collaboration from management and all employees;
Driving implementation and maintenance of clear standards of business and ethical conduct consistent with Daimler corporate standards;
Supporting effective unit governance structures and procedures for compliance oversight and management, including defined accountability for compliance responsibilities (of which the ultimate responsibility lies and remains with local management);
Ongoing, effective communications and training on compliance requirements;
Analyzing and reporting compliance risks in the unit with all stakeholders as well as Compliance, and assisting with the tracking process of the implementation of mitigating measures ;
Providing a timely, effective and consistently applied compliance consultation process in area of responsibility; and
Independently overseeing compliance of / within the unit, independent reporting to Compliance, Head of Compliance Financial Services Africa & Asia Pacific.
1. Provide ongoing, effective communications and guidance regarding compliance obligations and operations to MBF, serving as first point of contact and, where appropriate, channel inquiries to local subject matter experts (e.
g. HR, Legal) or Compliance department or other DAG / DFS / HQ functions.
2. Provide coordination, facilitation and oversight of key compliance activities (execution may lie with other areas), including :
o Sales Business Partner Integrity Due Diligence process for Daimler’s direct business partners involved in sales;
o Checks on Sanction Lists
o Integrity Check for sponsoring partners / projects in accordance with the applicable Daimler group wide process and regulation;
o Accomplishment of Compliance KPIs set forth by the GC process owner
o Data Protection Coordinator (support and coordinate the entity-specific implementation of Data Protection requirements); and
o Communication and evaluation regarding accountability for compliance both at the individual employee and group level;
o Responsible Person for the Act of Exclusion of Anti-Social Forces (local peculiarity)
and design concepts and implement strategies to strengthen compliance in line with overall Daimler and DCO FS compliance concept.
3. Identify compliance training needs and liaise with local management and Divisional Compliance Office FS regarding yearly plan and delivery;
support and conduct local trainings on compliance requirements to ensure all relevant employees are trained according to corporate standards for compliance training.
4. Report on compliance to DCO Support FS AAP independently from entity management and oversee compliance of and within the entity independently;
drive continuous change and process improvements regarding compliance processes in alignment with Divisional Compliance Office FS.
5. Oversee and facilitate compliance activities, as needed / required, including for example close collaboration with Brand Partner LCMs / LCRs / LCOs in order to ensure proper alignment and creating / usage of synergies between all local entities in terms of Compliance and close collaboration with local Legal to ensure conformity of compliance processes and activities with local laws;
prepare compliance performance reports for local management / MBF BoM as well as for DCO FS and DCO Support FS AAP, including information about potential compliance risks or topics which might affect the company.
6. Analyze compliance risks for the entity in cooperation with all stakeholders, aggregate and analyze compliance issues and trends, and provide summary to local Management as well as DCO Support FS AAP
7. Anti-Money Laundering Responsible : Act as the local point of contact for all activity relating to anti-money laundering, providing advice, guidance and support, in relation to regulations, policy, systems and controls and support local management regarding implementation of respective processes and procedures.
8. Checks Against Sanction List :
o Lead the implementation of Checks against Sanctions Lists process (organization, IT, staffing) and ensure timelines are strictly adhered to.
o Co-ordinate with all stakeholder (CRM, HR, F&C, IT, BC APP, BC Sales, CAS HQ, etc.) for timely implementation of the policy.
o As a trainer, conducts employee training seminars on the system and process
Serves as clearer (1. stage). In case of a potential match, checks and approves or forwards case to the central clearing office for final (2. stage) clearing.
9. As a Data Protection Coordinator :
Acting as contact partner on site for all data protection issues
Implementing, adapting and enhancing data protection concepts in the respective sphere of responsibility in coordination with IL / CR
Providing advice and developing measures to prevent and / or correct on-site deficiencies
Processing data protection-related complaints on site
Notifying IL / CR about planned measures in your sphere of responsibility
with regard to procedures and systems for the processing of personal data
Monitoring whether the applicable data protection laws and the issued policies are being adhered to
Briefing the Chief Officer Corporate Data Protection upon his request, or in cases of data protection violations
Reporting any inquiry from supervisory or investigative authorities to the Chief Officer Corporate Data Protection
Assisting in investigations, if asked to do so
Advising in the creation and implementation of policies on site, while allowing for any special circumstances
Maintaining the "Procedure Register" / Notifying the supervisory authorities according to the national regulations
Participating in on-site data protection audits
Raising the data protection awareness of employees and organizing training sessions
1. Education & work experience
Advanced degree in management / law / accounting or similar
Knowledge and experience in Legal, Internal Audit, Quality Assurance or similar
Knowledge of applicable anti-corruption laws, regulations and standards, including international guidelines and best practice approaches
Financial Services background is an advantage
Approx. 5 years business experience, sufficient stature to exert influence and credibility
2. Specific Knowledge
Fluent in spoken and written English.
Management skills, including the ability to articulate Daimler standards and expectations as outlined in the relevant policies and guidelines, and ensure that these are applied consistently to the local situation
Strong communications and facilitation skills
Analytical thinking and results-oriented
Strong project management capability