The Area Business Manager is expected to maximize territory sales performance by developing and executing an effective business plan.
Doing so necessitates utilizing resources provided by Biogen, analyzing territory performance, identifying customer needs, defining action plans and implementing local marketing strategies, and organizing programs and related efforts that will positively impact others’ understanding of and interest in the assigned products.
1. Achieving sales goals : Works toward overachievement of sales goals set by the organization; Prioritizes activities that drive market share;
Applies marketing and business strategy / tactics in order to maximize sales outcomes. Consistently operates in the professional selling approach.
2. Business planning : Develops and executes a territory plan that includes prioritized regional goals; Analyzes data to identify viable opportunities;
Coordinates and utilizes available resources (plans and organizes regional events, programs, luncheons, materials); understands and leverages business analytics to maximize regional opportunities.
3. Leveraging and coordinating resources : Takes lead role in mobilizing resources in support of customer needs; Uses resources in a smart and impactful way;
Digs beneath surface and seeks resources that address the core of an issue; Aligns with other ABMs in overlapping territories;
Collaborates with internal teams and cross-functional partners to advance programs and initiatives. Improves customer’s service and patient outcomes by x-functional teamwork.
4. Supporting successful patient outcomes : Closely tracks progress of new patients starting treatment (as appropriate in the geography and according to law requirements / restrictions);
Informs healthcare providers and other stakeholders regarding access (e.g. infusion) and reimbursement programs (as appropriate in the geography) and ensures appropriate service of Biogen;
Ensures availability of product (where applicable); Interacts appropriately with internal compliance experts to ensure efforts are aligned with relevant laws and regulations.
5. Maintaining best in class knowledge : Demonstrates industry-leading understanding of disease state, products (Biogen and competition), clinical practices, market dynamics, and healthcare systems;
Proactively seeks external opportunities for learning, including conferences, seminars, and professional associations; Participates actively in training to acquire and advance knowledge;
Is seen as the internal and external expert and is used as internal resources for day to day questions.
6. Conducting administrative follow-through : Keeps timely documentation (e.g., expense reports, compliance related) and provides inputs required for planning and coordination;
Ensure performance of Frequency of sales calls on designated customers in the territory; Makes appropriate use of processes and technology and constantly operates in the professional selling approach.
7. Maximize patient pull-through : Understands and addresses challenges that arise at all stages in the process, including but not limited to patient identification, treatment access (e.
g. infusion), and reimbursement, as permitted in the given geography
Several years of pharmaceutical / health care sales experience, preferably in specialty sales
Minimum 2 years of experience in drug programs is a must
Proven and sustained track record of reaching and exceeding sales goals
Strong selling skills and interpersonally savvy
Excellent knowledge of the polish healthcare market
Very good communication skills
Ability to deal with ambiguity
Ideally, experience in project management
Life sciences, medical, para-medical, economic education or any other relevant background